As a part of the push to support the new album, we are also going to do a limited tour of solo house-shows. Lots of you have emailed over the years asking about this idea, and we figured this would be a perfect opportunity to connect with all of you, while also helping fund the label and album.
The cost and logistics involved, along with the fact that we are using this tour to support both the new album and the new record label mean that it’s certainly not a low-dollar experience. We’ve spent the last nine-years doing everything in our power to keep ticket prices down, so we totally understand that this won’t be for everybody. But enough of you have written to us that we know that for some of you this is something that you’d love to be a part of. So we’re going to give it a shot. And everyone else rest assured that with a new album comes new tours so we’ll be right back out to a club near you very soon.
If you’re interested in hosting a show, here’s how it’s going to work:
- Visit this link and answer a few questions about where you’re at, ideal time frames, etc.
- Once we have an idea of interest level in each region we’ll email with info on money, details and scheduling.
- We’ll schedule a mutually agreeable date.
- You can expect a 60-75 minute performance.
You can invite up to 25 people.[update: invite as many as comfortably fit in your space]
- Fee includes travel, so there won’t be any extra fees.
- 50% is due to confirm a show, with the balance due 30 days prior.
- Routing and logistics mean that not every show will be able to be on a weekend. We’ll do our best to accommodate requests, but ultimately it will come down to scheduling.
- Note that non-US shows will be a higher fee to account for additional travel, logistics, and time.
I’m really excited for these shows. The last time we did anything like this was 9 years ago when we ran around Chicago doing 5 shows in 5 hours to mark the release of Messenger. It will make for some really fun and unique nights of music, and I can’t wait to share them with you.
Thanks for supporting this record, and for listening.